Our Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Paper Goodies! Swooning over Save the Dates.

Like many brides before me, I am in love with paper goodies. True story: one of the best parts about being a peer tutor in college was ordering free office supplies from the catalog. I have always loved stationary, I have always loved mail, I just swoon over all of it. 


source | Mrs. Gray Wolf received some awesome personalized stationary as a gift at her shower. Jelly! 
Needless to say, I had been dreaming up save-the-date and invitation inspiration for foreva-eva. One thing was for certain: I wanted to use our engagement pictures. Let's drool together at some of the Beauties That Weren't, though:

source | Love the 'At Last' wording. It'd be super easy to match the rest of the paper goodies to this!


source | Maybe it's the cornball in me, but the 'tie the knot' business gets me EVERY.TIME. I actually incorporated it elsewhere in our wedding. . .details later, consider it foreshadowing. ;) 

source | Infographics! So cute. I love date-specific things.
As I've mentioned (once. . .or twice. . .): I freaking love our engagement pictures. There was no doubt in my mind that we'd use them in our Save-the-Dates, so all of the 'maybe' designs had pictures in them.

source | Different wording - kinda digging it. . .

source | SWOON. The wording, the picture, the fact that it's a magnet and therefore useful. All around win, I tell you.

source | This picture wins the 'in' award. Banner, artsy, matchy colors. 
Seriously, I could do this all day - just search for pictures and 'yay' or 'nay' them. The truth is, though, we had to make a decision.

Spoiler Alert #1: We didn't choose any of these. 

Spoiler Alert #2: Our Save the Dates actually had none of the elements pictured above, which is strange, right? I mean, if I loved these so much, how did we go down such a different path? What kind of a crazy bird am I?

Spoiler Alert #3: I will reveal our Save the Dates and the process behind them in an upcoming post. ;)

Anyone else have any serious STD love for the designs they did NOT end up choosing? 

2 comments:

  1. I think ours will be a lot like something in this list... can you guess which? ;-)

    ReplyDelete