Our Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday, June 8, 2012

Picspiration for the EPic Session

I've sung the praises of our wonderful photographers, Limelight-Images, so loudly that your ears are probably bleeding, so I'll try my hardest to refrain from doing so in this post. . .it's just so hard, when they're so awesome.

I mentioned before: I'm huge on pictures. I've already started a list of 'Must Haves' for our wedding day, including the 'jump shot' and the 'carry shot'.

via Limelight-Images | The vice-versa will also happen - I'm all for equality ;)

via Limelight-Images | Fun Fact: When we moved into our new place, I had BM Y & GM Pythagoras practice this shot with me.

As far as a list of 'Must-Haves', they focused on the city. Pittsburgh is so picture-esque, I wanted to make sure we caught the bridges, the stadiums, the river, the skyline. For the two of us, it was actually more of a list of 'Capture These Feelings With These Awesome Things In The Background'. I'm not saying I want this to be a Pittsburgh photo session with us as the props; more that I want both the city and us to be captured brilliantly, because we're both such a big part of each other. . .you know, Pittsburgh wouldn't survive without us, obviously. ;)


Since pictures speak a thousand words (oh yeah, I went there), I'll let my inspiration/must-have shots do most of the talking:

All photos courtesy of Limelight-Images and can be found here
I'm sure this was intentional, because our photographers are ballers, but I love the heart shape they make.

Although there will be no ties and this is a bit 'artsy fartsy' for me, I love the looks on both of their faces.

One of the many stunning bridges. This is definitely a Yes, Please!

True Confessions: Jon and I practice The Dip, as we call it, on an almost daily basis.

Again, we're borderline artsy fartsy, but this is just too freaking cool.


Steelers! I don't like that you can't see his face, but I like the overall idea/frame.

This is more like it. Jon's black-and-gold veined family will just die.

One of my favorite pictures, ever. Although I don't understand the logistics (HOW ARE YOU IN THE MIDDLE OF A CITY STREET IN A CHAIR?!), I love how much this picture screams fun and love. Stunning.

Do you have any advice for engagement sessions? Anyone have a 'No Way In Hell Will We Take These Pictures' list?

4 comments:

  1. A chair in the middle of the street?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read this in the voice of Michelle Tanner a la the car in the kitchen episode. "There's a CAR in the KITCHEN!"

      Delete
  2. love the chair in the middle of the street! its so bizarre and funny, im sure they were both just laughing through the whole photoshoot!! can't wait to see your pictures! you are going to look beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprises me none that you like the chair in the middle of the street, B. ;) Thank you so much for the compliment - super excited to share them! xoxo

      Delete