Our Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Treely, Madly, Deeply: The Guys Get Dressed

To this day, I am still a little stunned that these guys all got ready and arrived on time without the aid of any of we females. I've asked GM Pythagoras, Best Man R and Mr. PT what they did all morning (at separate times) and they gave stock answers.

Mrs. Palm Tree: What did you guys do all morning?
Guys: Just hung out.
Mrs. Palm Tree: What did you guys do when Jimmy showed up early?
Guys: Hung out, watched ESPN.
Mrs. Palm Tree: What did you do when it was time to get ready?
Guys: Got dressed and did a shot.
Mrs. Palm Tree: Who decided when it was time to leave?
Best Man R and Mr. Palm Tree: Jimmy, I guess.
GM Pythagoras: HEY, we read the timeline. We put it on the fridge! 

Ha. BOYS, amirite? 

Just like in my last post, I plan to let these pictures speak for themselves for the most part (and only partially because it's hard to narrate the morning when I wasn't present for it). 

*all photographs by the wonderful Limelight-Images unless otherwise noted





Only our photographers can take a bunch of dudes' junk and turn it into something worth photographing. I mean, really. 



Oh, here's a fun story I got out of the guys! I had remarked to Best Man R that there were quite a few pictures of GM J. I said that maybe our photographer thought GM J was the Best Man, since he and Mr. PT look so much alike, maybe he thought they were brothers. Turns out, GM J was the only guy who didn't stay at the Y's the night before and had arrived (on time, I might add - major points for following the timeline ;) ) fully dressed, so while the guys were actually getting dressed, Jimmy had GM J pretend to get dressed for documentation purposes. I'm telling you, Pittsburgh-area Brides: you want Limelight-Images. They think of shit that would never have crossed your mind.

GM J again - color me fooled.

Men, trying to figure out just what to do with themselves.
I present to you a series of my handsome husband, trying to get himself ready:





BM Tiny Dancer (GM Pythagoras' girlfriend) and Rev. Fun remarked upon seeing this picture, "of course GM Pythagoras is the only one that would know how to handle cufflinks." Haha.




It just dawned on me that we never shared what the guys wore on our wedding day. We opted for the Vera Wang Black line from Men's Wearhouse. We went with the gray option, all of the guys wore the David's-Bridal-matching Marine vests and ties and Mr. Palm Tree wore the Pool vest and tie (representative of my birthstone: aquamarine) - opposite of what the girls did: I wore the Marine sash in my corset (which is representative of Mr. Palm Tree's birthstone: sapphire) and my bridal party wore the Pool dresses. Our wedding vomited personal meanings and stories/inside jokes. ;)


All of the guys loved their tuxes and a few remarked that they felt like James Bond. I think that's a pretty high compliment. They looked great, for what it's worth, and were super lightweight and breathable. All around consensus: win. 

If this isn't a Groom's face, I don't know what is. '

Finally, the guys got ready to leave.



Remember our bears? So adorable. 
This picture breaks my heart. Even though I know it's likely not the case, it just looks like Mr. PT is taking so much care with his bear companion. Swoonies.
After the car was loaded, the guys realized they forgot something (at least, that's how we'll pretend it happened, for the sake of the story):




A pre-toast, perhaps?

Such appropriate shot glasses. BOYS.
When they actually left, they arrived at our place just as we were finishing our pictures - and they were right on time. Color me one shocked and happy Bride. Our day was pretty freaking spectacular and I hadn't even seen my Groom yet! 


No comments:

Post a Comment