Our Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday, August 16, 2013

Treely, Madly, Deeply: Our Last Pictures as Single Folk

Truthfully, I didn't put a lot of thought into Mr. Palm Tree's and my couple pictures. This is partially because I trusted our photographers wholeheartedly after our engagement pictures, but mostly because I didn't know how to put thought into it. I mean, we kiss, we smile, we get serious, we laugh, we pose. . .? Also, it's not like we could miss these shots - they were going to be taken, one way or the other.

And goodness, I'm glad they were. I look at them and every emotion imaginable comes rushing back to me, plus some new ones (like nostalgia. Can I just go back to this day, please?). I don't know how anyone ever limits this to, like, eight or so pictures. SERIOUSLY?! 

I'm just simply too in love (with both my husband and these pictures) to do that. I will, however, do my best to keep the narration to a minimum. It's the best compromise I can muster.
*all photos courtesy of Limelight-Images




I have to share the story on the above photo. I remember reading Mrs. Castle's post in which she had a one-eye-open, one-eye-shut photo and referred to it as a Thing. I remember being BAFFLED because I had done this all my life. In fact, when I get drunk, it happens naturally - usually as a sign of my annoyance. I'd always gotten teased about it, but not because it was something others couldn't do, usually just like a, "Oh, Mrs. Palm Tree is at that level. Her eyes are going." Turns out, it is a Thing and most people (my friends included) cannot do it. When I showed these pictures to Mr. PT's family every single one of them cracked up at this photo and exclaimed, "how do you DO that with your eye?!" When I saw this, I knew I'd be including it in our recaps and I knew I'd be telling the story. Circle of Life, Bee Style. Keep it going, ladies, if you can.


One of my favorites.



Boat feet for sure.






I will forever be the most awkward creature to walk the Earth. I wear the title proudly. P.S. My ankles are so weak that I had to wear high top sneakers until I was ten. No clue how they survived this. Wedding Magic.


This is us, discussing fresh bird poop. Yup, even bird poop is a little romantic and cute on your wedding day.





Eventually, our friends called Mr. PT for his exact location and we walked to meet them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment