Our Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Treely, Madly, Deeply: The Ladies Get Dressed

After almost two and a half hours of serious, much cherished hang-out time, it was finally time to get dressed. I let (and/or made - I have a vague memory of clapping my hands in excitement, waiting for my time) my ladies get dressed before it was my turn. 

Take it from someone who has been there and done that: give yourself a chunk of time to get dressed if you have a corset. Even though we had practiced, it still took pretty much everyone to get me into my dress. BM Blackout was putting lotion on me, because my lovely week-old sunburn from a Pirates game was peeling. BM's Tiny Dancer and Badonk were alternating holding the dress and lacing the corset. MOH Mem was the ribbon-tier. Rev. Fun couldn't look at me without crying and BM Y was the unofficial assistant photographer. It takes a village, Hive. 

These pictures really do tell their own stories, so I'll let them do the talking for the majority of this post.

*all photos courtesy of Limelight-Images unless otherwise noted 








I LOVE these series of pictures. We are all so SERIOUS. 

Hello, sunburn, my old friend. *eye roll*




photo by BM Y 

Haha, a Princess moment - once I was laced in, I couldn't bend down to put my shoes on and I didn't want to sit, knowing I'd have to get right back up again. 

We also got a few really great detail shots, including one that I had on my Must Have photo list (another one for the advice column, Hive: make a Must Have photo list - even if you use it as a guide! It was so helpful to reference throughout the day).


photo by BM Y



I think BM Y actually tied this ribbon, since she had to tie in the rings, and she said, "thank God we have Mem to tie the actual bow." What would I do without any of my girls? True teamwork. 
Once I was dressed and ready, we decided to make the best of the time available to us and get our girly pictures out of the way. Together, we marched a little bit up the street from our home in order to get our one-on-one photos marked off of the list.

Wedding party in motion!

No comments:

Post a Comment