Our Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Treely, Madly, Deeply: Girls Getting Ready - The Candids

Our hair and makeup team was scheduled to arrive at 6:45 and begin at 7. That's right, you guys. Our day began at 6:45am.

Well, to be fair, I guess I should say that some of the girls' day began at 6:45am. We had discussed a shower schedule and everything the night before and since I was going to be getting everything done last, I graciously let them shower ahead of me. This was in no way related to me sleeping in a little. ;)

I woke up around 6:30 with SIL/BM Badonk in bed next to me. I squealed, "I'M GETTING MARRIED TODAY!" and she squealed with me. We hugged and cried for a second. I sent a text to all of the other girls requesting a glass of water and some ibuprofen to kill any semblance of the impending headache. BM Tiny Dancer arrived, humming the bridal march and I had butterflies. This. Was. It. 

Before I go any further, I just want to stress that making the decision to spend the night away from Mr. Palm Tree and with all of my best girls was so smart. I felt so loved and. . .safe? I'm not sure if that's the right word. Regardless, I went to bed happy and I awakened happy. Any butterflies or nervous-feelings were good ones. I don't think I had a single negative moment that morning and really, isn't that the way it's supposed to be? Isn't that what every Bride dreams of? It's what I dreamed of, that's for sure. When we first got engaged and I would daydream about the time in between what was the present and the future, which was when we would get married, I would think about having the best sleepover ever with my best friends and waking up with them in the morning. SIL/BM Badonk, MOH Mem, BM Y, BM Tiny Dancer, BM Blackout, Rev. Fun and DOC E are truly the girls who you dream about having by your side for these important days. I could not have asked for better. 

Mushy stuff aside, I showered at my leisure as the girls downstairs chattered and got started. I had a tear-filled hug with BM Y somewhere post-shower, pre-being ready to join the masses. When I went downstairs, fully clad in my 'Bride' robe and 'I Do' T-shirt thanks to my girl Victoria and her Secret, everyone was. . .involved. 

*all photos courtesy of BM Y

Our kitchen was transformed into a salon.




Two things of note here: one, if you are in the Pittsburgh/Northeast Ohio area PLEASE do yourself a favor and check out Bella by Nicci. I'll definitely post more in-depth vendor reviews but seriously, you will NOT be disappointed by Nicci or her team. Two, having the hair-and-makeup crew come to us was a Godsend. Seriously, I cannot imagine if we would have had to go somewhere. I would have been a nervous freaking wreck. Having them come to our house was such a relief. 

Once I got in the chair, I didn't move for hours. If you remember from my hair trial, I went with big, curly hair. This is a process, Hive, one that takes tons of time and patience. Again, I say: Godsend. At some point, DOC E had gone to Dunkin' Donuts and Bruegger's for breakfast (seriously, folks, she deserves a plaque in the wedding hall of fame), so I alternated being passed my large iced coffee and mimosas.



BM Tiny Dancer kept remarking, "she has CURLS. I have never seen her hair look like this!" She was truly amazed.

This is how much I love you, Hive. I am willing to share this picture of my eight-thirty-in-the-morning-after-a-Mimosa-filled-night self sans makeup. Don't ever let anyone say that I don't value integrity and honesty. ;)  

Eat'n Park Smiley Cookie (another gift from DOC E!) and Mimosas = perfect way to start the day.

Thankfully, Nicci's team of four included incredibly experienced girls who were able to get everyone done while I was still in the chair.

BM Y - did you think I wouldn't post this? ;) 


SIL/BM Badonk
The crew was finished - I'm talking hair and makeup for NINE people (bridal party of six, my cousins O and B, who were passing out programs, and myself) - at 10:00am and out the door by 10:15am. These ladies are skilled, Hive.

Final Product
I could not believe that we were all done so early. I had budgeted until NOON on the wedding weekend timeline. Good thing we had plenty of mimosas to drink. . . ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment