Our Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Treely, Madly, Deeply: We. . .RELAX?!

It was 10:15am and our hair and makeup people had just left all of us in our done-up glory. I specifically remember us looking at each other in complete disbelief. How were we ready so quickly? I had budgeted for us to get ready from 7:00am until noon. The First Look was scheduled for 1 - 1:30pm. WHAT.

Hive, let me tell you. I cherish this chunk of hours so much. We didn't so much as turn on the television. Instead, we let the music (carefully selected by BM Tiny Dancer, our DJ for the weekend) play. We laughed. We sang. We talked. We danced. We drank Mimosas. It was glorious.

The only hiccup that occurred was incredibly minor: one half of our photographer duo, Jimmy, was to arrive at GM Y's house to take the guys' getting ready pictures for noon and leave around 12:30-12:45ish to get Mr. Palm Tree to our First Look location on time. At least, that's what I had scheduled. The problem, however, is that my idea for the First Look location literally came to me when I was getting ready Friday morning (so, in all fairness, it wasn't on anyone's Wedding Schedule that I had carefully crafted and provided). I had dashed a quick Facebook message to him before we left for the rehearsal and he called me during our rehearsal dinner to confirm times. Somewhere, things got confused, and he arrived at GM Y's house around 11:30ish with plans to leave at noon. GM Y had called BM Y, I was sitting on the floor like O.O and DOC E said, "no, I'll handle it." And she did. Yet another reason, folks, to hire a DOC.  
Moving along - I know I get super ooey-gooey, lovey-dovey when I talk about my girls but I just freakin' love them. I remember being so happy as I sat on the living room floor, sipping my mimosa, giggling and talking about everything and nothing at all. It was exactly what I pictured the morning of my wedding to be like, with the extra time bonus. 

The other half of the photographer duo, Dawn, arrived at my place about 11:30am. I explained to her that I had thought we would just be finishing our hair and makeup and had planned on her taking a few final 'getting ready' shots, but since we had been finished for hours, there wasn't much to photograph. Another high-five to the Wedding Overseers: Dawn was the perfect match for our group. She was so laidback and chill that I think even if I had gotten worked up (as I'm known to do) at some point or another, I would've calmed down relatively quickly. Her presence really kept us calm and she pretty much just hung out with us. Super win.

Dawn also took the opportunity to take some really cool detail shots.

*all photos courtesy of Limelight-Images

True Confessions: I actually semi-apologized for my 'plain' hanger. I never even WANTED a decorated/fancy hanger. Bride Brain, you guys. It's rull.





I have some boat feet. ;) 

The very first gift I ever bought for my girls, given to them last summer.


Dawn also took some pictures of us that, though staged for photographing purposes, really show how comfortable and relaxed we all were with our break in the day:

From top-left to bottom-right: BM Tiny Dancer, Rev. Fun, BM Badonk, BM Blackout, BM Y, MOH Mem, Myself, DOC/Friend E




I think it was Rev. Fun who said, "We're just in your living room, but these pictures make us look like we're somewhere for real." I'll take it. 

Moral of the Story: always over-schedule. I am so grateful for these few hours with my ladies. It was perfect: the day neither flew nor dragged. It just passed, leisurely, as I soaked up my last few hours as a Bride-in-waiting with some of my favorite people in the world. Gah - I'm teary eyed writing this. It really was magical.

I asked Dawn a gazillion quite a few times, "should I get dressed now? Should we get those pictures done?" She kept saying no, because then I'd just have to sit around in my dress and nobody wanted to do that. I'd relax. . .only to ask again in, oh, fifteen or so minutes. Finally, around 12:15-12:30ish, she asked me if I wanted to get dressed. I jumped up, ready to go. It was getting real, Hive. 


No comments:

Post a Comment