Our Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Daydreaming: The Palm Tree Wedding That Wasn't

I love everything about our wedding - really and truly. I'm in love with our colors and their meaning; I'm all about my girls and their get-ups (both bridesmaids AND flower girls); I think my dress is so dreamy and perfect for me, even though it's not what I thought I wanted; our invitations are very fitting and of course, I'm a HUGE fan of our venue, our photographers and all of the other vendors playing a role in this shindig.

There are some weddings, though, that I stalk see and they just make me swoon. I mean, get out the smelling salts, I might utter 'I do declare' and flutter my eyelashes, someone catch me before I hit the floor straight-up swoon. So, with under a month to go (eepies!), of course I find myself Pinteresting in a completely different direction. . .I'm sure some psychology-based folk would be able to chalk this up to some subconscious desire or something, but I'm just going to stick with the fact that I've always been a dreamer and a thinker and I'd be doing this regardless. ;)

So, Hive, without further ado: this is the story of The Palm Tree Wedding That Wasn't.

image via WeddingPaperDivas | I actually ordered this with an '8 free samples!' discount/promo.
I could never have an outside wedding in Pittsburgh, with the unpredictable weather and everything else that needs to be considered, but I would have the most whimsical, magical wedding, full of fairy lights and twinkles. This invitation would set off the tone perfectly from the get-go - and, you know, if it didn't, or if it didn't match, who cares? It's my Wedding That Wasn't and I'll do as I please. HMPH. :P

image via Lover.ly | dress by Alfred Angelo
I would be in a b-e-a-utiful princess-y ballgown that fit me PERFECTLY. I'd sparkle every step of the way and people would gasp as I walked down the aisle, wondering if in fact I was a real princess.

photo via DJ Joe Bunn of the Bunn DJ Company
Everything would just be so pretty and magical. I'm not so much of a fan of the branches in this picture, but the ceiling lights - the tulle and the twinkles. I sigh and just stare every time I come across pictures like these. 

image via Lover.ly | Shoes by Alexander McQueen (discontinued)
I would wear shoes like this all day and my feet would never hurt. I wouldn't trip, I wouldn't stumble, I wouldn't waddle and I wouldn't be taller than my groom. ;) 

image via Lover.ly | Photo via Brett Heidebrecht Photography

image via Lover.ly | photo via Scott Andrew Studio
I would have ribbon wands ev.ery.where. and people would use them and they'd make for beautiful pictures. It'd be so gorgeous and stunning.

image via Lover.ly | Dress by Alfred Sung, found on Dessy

image via Wedding Chicks | photo via Katelyn James Photography
Our colors would be purple and green - our favorite colors - with random hints of complementary colors throughout. Everything would be bright and vivid.

image via Lover.ly | photography by Cory Ryan

Mr. Palm Tree and I would be so swept up in the magic that there'd be zillions of pictures of us like this, with twinkly lights in the background seemingly lit by our love and our love alone. All of our guests would also feel the overpour of our ooey gooeyness, almost like getting hit with Cupid's arrow. It'd be a giant lovefest, but not the gross kind of, like, the 70's. ;)

Truth be told, Hive, after even daydreaming about my Wedding That Wasn't, I'm now daydreaming about NEITHER wedding we've discussed and instead, my heart and my mind is here:

image via Couples Negril website
Bring on our ten day, all-inclusive, adults-only honeymoon at Couples Negril in Jamaica! I can't wait to put up my little flag for a drink and just reeeeeeeeelax with my new husband - colors and decor be damned. :)

Anyone else daydream about the 'wedding that wasn't' or their wedding crush(es)? Anyone else looking forward to the honeymoon almost as much as the wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment