Our Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday, May 6, 2013

Goodnight, Moon. . .

. . .or, more accurately, The Moon On Our Good Night.
 
Sigh.
 
Well, Hive. I did something I promised myself that I would not do - not because I didn't care, but because I tricked myself into believing that if I didn't acknowledge the possibility, it could never come to fruition.
 
Yes - I admit, I. . .I. . .I. . .

I checked the thirty day forecast.
 
screenshot via WeatherChannel.com
 
 
I know, I know.
 
I know that even though all things weather are science-related, things can change at the drop of a hat. I know that there are always going to be unaccounted for, unforseeable freaks of nature. I know that checking the weather twenty-five days in advance means nothing, especially when all the information you'll be provided is based on Math and History (shudder): averages and records.
 
I just wanted to see though, you know? We had such lovely weather today that I thought: golly gee whiz, wouldn't it be nice if our wedding day could be like this? That quickly morphed into: I must know NOW and if I cannot know, I must stalk and creep obsessively until I can.
 
On about the third or fourth check-in today, something caught my eye that hadn't previously. And that something made my heart skip a beat, friends. "What is it?", you ask.
Isn't a seventy-five degree average good enough for this loon?"
 
Well, sure it is. But this. . .this, not so much:
 
 
if you didn't hear the suspensful dun-dun-dunnnnnn upon viewing this, I don't know if we can be friends ;)
 
Yes. YES. Yes, that is indeed a full moon.
 
"Yawn. Who cares? Is Mr. Palm Tree, like, a werewolf or something?"
 
I know it's definitely on the Crazy-o-Meter (where it falls lies within the individual's own rating system), but I truly believe something happens to people when the moon is full. I am not a scientist so I don't know what to chalk it up to - the ocean and the whole human bodies are made up of 60% water thing or maybe it's a self-fulfilling prophecy, I don't know. What I do know is that having worked in food service, meaning directly with people, for the majority of my life, I can say that in my experience, there is absolutelypositively a difference. True Confessions: I actually wrote an essay about this in high school.
 
I swear, as someone who doesn't track these things (until now, I guess), I can always tell when it's a full moon. People are just a little more bananas than usual. My nursing friends have regaled countless, similar tales as well. It's odd, but it's noticeable - to us, anyway, and that's what matters to me right now because that means I  WILL NOTICE IT ON MY WEDDING DAY. *deep breath*
 
I'm trying to think through all of the possible things that could happen so that I can at least be somewhat prepared, so that I can sigh and be all, "well, it is a full moon. . ." I'm also trying to remind myself that this is better than that dreaded 'r' word. Granted, this isn't like a day/night-ruiner, and I'm not going into depression over it; this is more in the "really? REALLY? Are you f-cking kidding me, is this for real? *eye roll*" camp.
 
Of course, I also know that in the grand scheme of things, this isn't really thaaaaaat big of a deal. Does this mean anything to the completely and totally irrational, emotionally driven chunk of me (aka about 98% of my being)? Of course not.
 
Sigh. I have no words, here, Hive, and I'm not looking for advice - like I said, it's not going to make me refuse to leave my bed on the day of (pft as if!), I acknowledge that this may be a little too goofy for some most and maybe even, to those with that mindset, so not even worth this post. It is, however, legitimate to me and in the relatable aspect of everything, don't we all have little 'eepies!' worries that might be incredibly asinine to others but hold sincere meaning for us. . .both in life and in wedding planning?
 
So consider this your safe place, all, and spill: what are your 'eepies!' worries that others have psh-poshed and waved away that will likely still cause weirdo, subconscious-infested cray cray dreams and/or nightmares for you?  
 

2 comments:

  1. It was "supposed" to storm and be really nasty on our wedding day. Instead, it was bright, warm, sunny, and so beautiful that people actually said that there was never be more perfect day.

    Don't sweat it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh just re-read. For some reason I thought you were referring to the Friday cloudy weather. LOL!

      Delete