Our Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

#TSAApproved: The Palm Tree Bachelorette Party (photo explosion)

Let's get real, Hive: if there is one thing my friends and I know how to do, it's party. For real.

My bachelorette weekend was absolutely amazing. Yes, I had a full weekend, and yes, it's really because I'm that damn special. ;) Really, though, it's because a chunk of my core group of girlfriends live across and/or out of the state, so we had to make it worthwhile! Plus we wanted a night of under-21 fun built-in, for BM Badonk. 

About a month prior, MOH Mem designed and sent out these bad boys:



I don't really have words for my excitement. Although my shower was wonderful and really, everything wedding-related has been wonderful, I knew the bachelorette party would be where it was AT, you guys. There was a really cute silver bow in the upper right hand corner (our cats got to it). Behind the little info card read our whereabouts/plans for the weekend - Dave & Buster's on Friday and McFadden's (one of my favorite bars in Pittsburgh) on Saturday.

Aside from my wedding party (who, again, assembled from all corners of the US - Rev. Fun from Atlanta and Bridesmaid Blackout from California), my college girlfriends also made the trip. These girls will forever have a spot in my heart as my 'first' college friends. They actually lived next door to Mr. Palm Tree and Best Man R during their sophomore year and we just bonded instantly. They traveled, some by plane, some by car, some by Megabus, and I am so grateful. We usually see each other - or try to - about once a year and I'm so glad that they were there. It would not have been the same without any of these ladies.

Before we get into the hiiiilarious pictures and amazing video, I want to be honest and share that we had one little issue. Friday night, we took the $5 limo to Dave & Buster's. I wanted a Dave & Buster's night because I wanted to spend time with BM Badonk and I wanted her to have fun as well. She traveled an hour out of her way for the evening and I wanted all of us to be together. I've been to our D&B previously, on both weekend and weekday evenings, with people under 21. Well, apparently, they had changed their rules sometime prior to when we arrived (despite literally no communication of such change, not on the website NOR when MOH Mem called to see if she could score some sort of VIP deal for our group) and they would not allow BM Badonk in the door. As I pleaded with the manager, as the fifteen of us stood around outside, as the limo driver called his boss to say he might be late because he might have to transport us elsewhere, friend B (spoiler alert: she's also doing a reading at our ceremony!) ran across the street to Rock Bottom to explain our dilemma. Long story somewhat shorter: D&B wouldn't budge, Rock Bottom pretty much gave us an entire area to celebrate and enjoy each other's company. The manager even came over to talk to me/us to apologize for our evening. It was honestly great customer service and I'm so grateful to them.


Moving right along - Friday was great, the perfect 'chill' night. We had all been traveling, organizing, bouncing around during the day so it was great to have an area where we could all play catch-up and just experience some serious QT. We also wore our shirts (one of my gifts!) that evening and some awesome pictures were taken:

True Story: BM R and Mr. Palm Tree saw this at brunch on the Sunday following and asked, "what is the significance of the numbers?" They then proceeded to take at LEAST ten minutes to talk it out among themselves.
Without sashes. Everybody the next day: "Miss Palm Tree, why are you standing like that?!" I'm forever the awkward turtle. ;) 

With sashes! 
Potentially my favorite shot of the entire weekend. <3

Group photo, and more awkward stance shenannies. 

Limo squeezage.

More limo squeezage love. MOH Mem had coozies for all of us: Bride, Maid of Honor, Bridesmaid and Team Bride.
I like to think the pictures accurately tell the story of the night's progression. . .


BM Y and Rev. Fun.
Tiny Dancer and Friend B
Friends K, L and C. . .and my dead eye face. This may or may not serve as a super serious prelude to. . .
Yes, Hive, that's me at the end of the night. The hashtag for this picture would read "#DeathIsMyGift" (Mongoose, that's for you, girl! ;)

Saturday, after eating at the deeeelicious restaurant in our hotel and getting caught in the middle of Pittsburgh's drunken version of the Amazing Race. . . 


One team let me help them complete their puzzle - and YES, that is a Disney Princess puzzle! Could it *be* any more fitting?! 

The completed awesomeness, gifted to me by the sweet team members.
. . .we got fancy for our evening at McFadden's. We partied like rockstars, Hive.



Friend B and I - guys at the bar always think we're twins, so we've taken to calling each other 'twinsies'. 

Classy Friend K and I.

This group of girls (a few are missing/weren't able to attend) and I went on Spring Break together in 2009 to Panama City Beach, FL. We all agree that it was literally one of the - if not THE - best weeks of our lives. I loved every second, and I love every one of these girls. <3 I'm so glad they were there for this weekend. 


And we danced. And had a scavenger hunt. And danced some more. And maaaaaybe consumed a little. And took over pretty much everywhere and just thoroughly enjoyed each other's company. It was wonderful and one of the best nights of my life. To prove that the 'best night' phrase is worthy, I have a collection of before and after pictures for you, Hive - inspired by  Miss Otter's collection of the same. The difference? Well, take a look for yourself:

Oh yeah, Hive, our afters were taken the morning after. A sign of how much my friends love me: they knew what this was for and didn't even hesitate. A sign of how much I love you all:  I posted this picture. I hadn't even moved from bed yet.

There you have it, Hive. The Palm Tree Bachelorette Party. I can safely say that I felt like a 'real' Bride the ENTIRE time. I caught myself in surreal moments throughout and of course, the momentary sadness that it's over, but these memories are so near and dear to my heart. I'm really glad to have the opportunity to share them with you all. :)
We had a ton of hashtags circulating over the weekend, all of which are hilarious, but #TSAApproved was our big winner. You see, Rev. Fun's bag was chosen for the in-depth inspection on her flight up from ATL and, well. . .she had the toys. ;) 

Oh - I almost forgot! The story of the Palm Tree bachelorette party would not be complete without our Harlem Shake video. Enjoy!

 

Share your bachelorette stories, Hive! I'd love to read them! 

1 comment:

  1. This might be the best blog post ever... I can't wait until it goes up on the Bee! and I'm peeing myself at the Before & Afters... hahahahahaha yours is very clearly the winner though! As it should be!

    love love love, best weekend ever! <3

    ReplyDelete