Our Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Treely, Madly, Deeply: My Somethings - including my bees and some familiar jewelry!

We all know the saying: Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed and Something Blue. There's the line about the sixpence in a shoe but to be honest, I didn't know that existed until Weddingbee so it was not even remotely on my radar. I loved all of my somethings and am happy to be able to write about them.

All photos via Limelight-Images unless otherwise noted.

My Somethings: 
Don't hate on my hanger, guys. ;)
My beautiful dream dress was considered as my Something New. Is this considered cheating? I loved this dress and am truly sad that I will never wear it again because I felt like such a beautiful Bride in it. This comes from a place of complete honesty that is devoid of any sense of arrogance, I promise, but I felt like it was my wedding day and that I was stunning. I hope that every Bride feels this way on her wedding day. 

Once I get my dress cleaned and snip a piece of it from underneath for some future daughter/niece/cousin/someone of a future generation, I plan to donate it. I haven't decided where. . .maybe Goodwill, maybe Brides Against Breast Cancer. Regardless, it won't sit in my closet for the rest of my life, because it is truly too special to me to have that fate.




Even though our wedding existed in shades of blue, my amazing TOMS are my Something Blue. I loved these damn shoes. They were comfortable (another random word of advice to Brides: GO FOR COMFORT. You will not regret it!), statement-y and they also contributed to some good in the world. All around win. 





My beautiful, sweet, meaningful Bees were Part One of my Something Borrowed. As you know, each Blogger Bee has the chance to feature two bees that are passed throughout generations. You can read more about it here. I truly get a little teary every time I think about being a part of such an amazing tradition and being so connected to all of you as well as my fellow Blogger Bees. As you all know, my family didn't play much of a role in my wedding, so tradition didn't really have too much of a role in it. These bees were a tradition that I was able to take part in, though, and I was so grateful to feel so involved. My bees came from Mrs. Toadstool and have since been passed to Mrs. Rucksack and Mrs. Airplane. BM Y sewed these bees into my bouquet the morning of my wedding so painstakingly, they didn't budge an inch.


photo by BM Y.


If you are a  creeper extraordinaire such as myself attentive 'Bee reader, you may recognize the earrings and the bracelet that I wore on our wedding day. I stressed hardcore about wedding day jewelry a few months prior to our wedding and reached out to my fellow Blogger Bees for help. The bodice of my dress was super detailed and I was afraid of going overboard or having anything clash. Thankfully, Mrs. Bacon and Mrs. Hyena came to my rescue. Both ladies were kind enough to point out that not only did their jewelry match, but they'd be happy to let me borrow both items to complete my bridal ensemble. Thus, part two of my Something Borrowed was born. Again, it was such an honor to be connected to two fellow Bee ladies. They were with me all day.

And the jewelry really did match perfectly!

























My Something Old could technically have doubled as a Something Borrowed as well. I was struggling to think of a something old, as I didn't have anything that was passed down to me. BM Tiny Dancer and her mother came to the rescue, though, and provided me with this beautiful handkerchief. It matched and it served multiple purposes throughout the day - thank goodness for easy access to my built-in shelf. ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment