Our Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday, November 25, 2013

Six Months: It's Not Goodbye, It's See You Later

I can hardly believe that I'm writing this, but the time has come, Hive. 

I know that I alluded to posts including in-depth vendor reviews and a list of music for our wedding, but having recapped our day from beginning to end, I feel as though it is the right time. In addition, today is our six month anniversary - I can't ignore the nice-and-neat feel of that. ;)

Our wedding day was, without a doubt, my favorite day of my life. It was everything that I dreamed of, hoped and planned for over the course of seventeen months. It was full of love and laughter, friendship, dancing, drinking, music, memories. . . I sincerely don't know that I could ask for anything else.

I stumbled across Weddingbee prior to even being engaged, in about November of 2011. I became obsessed shortly after and dragged BM Y into my obsession as well. Mr. Palm Tree asked me to marry him on December 22nd, 2011 and as we shared the news over Christmas Break, one of my relatives asked if I was still writing and encouraged me to write about the experience. From that point on, I knew that I wanted to be a Weddingbee blogger.

personal photo | I really wanted this picture, haha.
I cannot accurately express how much it has meant to me to have been able to share my planning experience with all of you. I have thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it and have loved being a part of such an amazing community. I have been able to keep the love for my own wedding alive and well thanks to Weddingbee and truthfully, I don't know if that will ever fade. I cannot imagine not checking the 'Bee on my lunch breaks or late at night and not knowing what people are doing for their weddings. Weddingbee has satisfied my needs as a nosy busybody who feels like her opinions are worth something and truthfully, I don't think I will ever be able to give that up completely.

photo via BM Badonk

Six months ago today, I married my best friend and my soulmate. I don't even care how ridiculous and/or cliche it sounds: I am so head-over-heels in love with Mr. Palm Tree every single day. Words cannot express how much this man means to me and the connection that we have. I am so grateful to God and all of the other fateful beings that my crazy ass parents decided to move into the house across the street from his all of those years ago. I am so grateful that I am a crazy stalker and wouldn't let the feeling I had that something was supposed to happen fade into nothingness. I am so glad that we fought for - and with - each other through all of the hard times. I am so damn glad that we are where we are now. 

And I am so glad to have been able to share all of this with you, Hive. Thank you, thank you, thank you for letting me be a part of your lives - however big or small as it may have been. Thank you for reading and responding, for supporting and interacting, for everything. This experience has been everything that I hoped and dreamed it would be and then some. Carrying those Bees in my bouquet meant more than simply being a part of a tradition, it meant that I was connected - to all of my fellow bloggers as well as an entire community. That is huge and it is not something that I take lightly.

I won't be keeping up with blogging now that I've finished my recaps, so I don't have a website to link you to - however, as I've mentioned, I will absolutely without a doubt still be buzzing around the hive. You aren't rid of me yet.

So with that, dear Hive, I say: it's not goodbye, it's see you later.

xoxo,

Stephanie


personal photo | For your entertainment: a day in the life of the Palm Trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment