Our Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Treely, Madly, Deeply: Our Grand Entrance

Our cocktail hour immediately followed our ceremony. The wedding party headed back upstairs to the suite, where we cried together and shared our excitement. 

*all photos courtesy of Limelight-Images



Mr. Palm Tree had a little breakdown moment as soon as we got upstairs, so I gave him my handkerchief. Best Man R is, yet again, talking about how much he hates his shoes.
We all hung out and took the time to just breathe (there was a lot of breathing on our wedding day, apparently. I'll take it!). . .and to drink. I remember that GM Pythagoras and I both ordered the same thing (Captain and Coke) and we were both impressed by how strong they were. I remember remarking that I was amazed that none of us were drunk yet, despite having been drinking all day - since essentially 7:00am in the girls' cases! I remember Pad & Pie housing our cookies, which our attendant was nice enough to bring up to us (sidenote: I cannot remember her name for the life of me, but she was amazing). We all did a shot and then, DJ Dan lined us up for our Introductions. 

Introductions are always one of my favorite parts of weddings - even now, executing them every single weekend (for real), I still stand inside the room to watch and see what people do. It's like the official beginning - like saying, the typical stuff is over, here are our personalities!
Despite usually hating surprises, I apparently was okay with it on our wedding day. In addition to having no clue what Rev. Fun had crafted for our ceremony, I also didn't want to know what the couples would be entering to - I had everyone email MOH Mem their choices and she communicated them to Dan. They were a complete surprise to both of us (well, not complete - I have to say that I totally knew what one of them would be). 

Pad and Pie went first, to Love Story by Taylor Swift. They are huge Taylor fans and Pad can sing every word of every one of her songs to you at request.



GM L and BM Blackout were the first of the couples to enter and they (well, she - let's be real) chose Let's Get It Started by the Black-Eyed Peas. 

In case you're curious, I was totally creeping on the stairs watching everyone.




GM J and BM Tiny Dancer, the resident dancers of the group, came next. Seriously - GM J has the most fluid limbs I've ever seen in my life (he and Mr. PT had many a late-night DDR session in their heyday) and BM Tiny Dancer went to college for dance and teaches at a local performing arts high school as well as at a local studio. They entered to Can't Touch This by M.C. Hammer. Of course.




SIL/BM Badonk and GM Pythagoras came in to Sexyback by Justin Timberlake. Everyone - especially BM Tiny Dancer - was super jealous of their choice.



The Y's (who will be married in less than a year! EEEEEE!) came in to The Cure's Just Like Heaven.



Best Man R, MOH Mem and Rev. Fun entered together to All I Do Is Win. This is the song I knew they would pick and of course, it was totally fitting. Best Man R shared this song with me at the gym once (he shares my love for Ludacris) and it has since become 'our' song.



What is not seen: the bridal party freaking out, jumping up and down, screaming and dancing with them as they entered. It's so perfect.



Finally, it was Mr. Palm Tree's and my turn. We went with Macklemore's Thriftshop. We first heard this song together while driving around lost one day and we were cracking up - we immediately pulled it up on our phones and listened to it about five more times. A few days later, Mr. Palm Tree said out of nowhere, "we should enter to Thriftshop." We choreographed - a term I use super loosely - a quick little 'dance' and the rest, Hive, is history:





We danced our way over to our seats and got ready for the toasts (my other favorite part of a wedding!).



No comments:

Post a Comment