Our Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Treely, Madly, Deeply: We Arrive!

When we arrived at The Fez (after a very awesome and fun trolley ride, during which we drank and jammed to the awesome playlist BM Tiny Dancer created), our adorable flower girls Pad and Pie were there waiting. Originally, I had expected them to be a part of our photo session in Oakland, however after discussing it with Mama P&P it was just impossible. For two girls who were hyper and excitable on a normal day to get up early, be dressed and fancy-ready, take part in multiple pictures and drive all over the city and STILL have to participate in a ceremony - it would have been overload. We agreed that they'd meet us at The Fez and we'd get some pictures with them at that time.

Props to BM Y for bringing the sunglasses along!

Our first picture of the day with Pad & Pie - how freakin' ADORABLE are their outfits! 
We went inside, where I met up with DOC/Friend E. After she dropped me off at the carousel, she went back to our place to make sure that the trolley arrived on time and that everyone got on it okay. From there, she and BM Blackout's sister (who I had enlisted to help) went to the hotel and dropped off my car as well as Mr. PT's and my overnight bag. They also checked us in so that when we arrived later that evening we wouldn't have to deal with anything at the desk. After the hotel business was attended to, they went to The Fez and pretty much made sure everything was set-up and ready for us. I am so incredibly appreciative of all of the hard work DOC/Friend E put into everything. When I walked in, the ballroom truly took my breath away. I was so excited and so touched - it was exactly as I imagined. Mr. Palm Tree was also really impressed. I remember standing and holding his hand, just looking around and taking in everything.

As Pad and Pie ran around me, I thought to grab Jimmy - who was off taking detail pictures - to get our pictures with them out of the way. 

Me promising Pie that if she would just smile and sit through a few pictures, I wouldn't ask her for any more throughout the evening.


Cuteness. Overload. 
DOC/Friend E took note of when people started to arrive and simultaneously halted them at the door and ushered me upstairs so that nobody would see me. I'm telling you, Hive, DOC/Friend E was amazing.

We sat upstairs in a Bridal Suite of sorts, breathing it all in and giving ourselves last minute touch-ups. 



I had given our DJ a list of Vitamin String Quartet songs to play as people were sitting and during the cocktail hour. When I heard the VSQ version of Christina Perri's "A Thousand Years", I had a moment. It's not captured, but I remember having to blink away the tears. What IS it about that song?! 


Haha, this is me trying to creep out of the window without anyone being able to creep back at me.

Aerosol deodorant = the best ever.


This picture makes me laugh SO hard. I have no idea what was happening

Artsy bridal shot.

Haha, I remember semi-fighting with Jimmy over this because I didn't want anyone to see me. 



Zero recollection of this conversation, but we were all very serious, apparently. 

Finally, The Fez's coordinator, Debby, arrived with DOC/Friend E and told us it was time to line up for our entrance. Cue butterflies.


No comments:

Post a Comment