Our Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday, June 10, 2013

Back to Life, Back to Reality (Kinda)

First thing: I have known this was going to be my first official post as a Mrs. since I became a Bee, because of this scene:


Now that that's out of the way - HI, HIVE! I'M A MRS.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I am writing from the other side of both a perfect wedding and a perfect honeymoon. I am so grateful to be able to say that. Mr. Palm Tree and I awakened the morning after our wedding and sighed with contentment, only to squeal and kick the covers as we realized we could now look forward to our honeymoon with no barriers. This is only my opinion and I obviously realize everyone is different but guys, seriously, if you can manage to have a honeymoon immediately (or almost immediately; we married on a Saturday and left early Wednesday morning) after the wedding, DO IT. I'll go more into detail in my recaps but I just wanted to let you all know that not waiting or skimping on the honeymoon was one of the best decisions we could have made. Spoiler Alert: I'll say that a lot during our honeymoon and wedding recaps - we apparently made a lot of baller decisions. ;)

I'm so excited to be back and in recap-mode. After planning a wedding for a year and a half, having it HAPPEN, then spend ten days in paradise with my new husband on a break from all things real life, I'm so glad to be able to jump back into work and, you know, normalcy but still have my wedding to dive into and obsess over - it's going to be a nice change, having it as sort of a 'side project' instead of something massive taking front and center. I'm still waiting on our professional pictures but in the meantime, I'll be sharing our honeymoon recaps and a few random things that I kept from the Hive purposefully for post-wedding discussion. I wanted to share my comeback with excitement, though, and of course share a few sneak peeks with you guys (True Confessions: narcissist that I am, some of the following shots are actually the background on my phone). 

All photos via Limelight-Images unless otherwise noted

Our photographer, Jimmy, laid on the ground and said, "This is going to be so 90's, but I think it's going to be worth it."

From our First Look. Oh, boy, do I love this man.

A prime example of Limelight's stunning creativity at work. 

My collection of wedding pictures would NOT have been complete without a jump shot. Also, yes, that is the highest I've ever successfully jumped for a jump shot - and I practiced. I just don't have ups.

Photo taken by Pie and Pad's mama of one of the best flower girls ever, Pad. All she wanted to do all night was hold my dress, even after it was bustled. I am in love with this. And her. And her sister. <3

I remember thinking, "actually breathe, this is one of a few times that you'll be able to do so."

Dear PITT Groundsfolk: Thank you for leaving this cone lying around because it made for an awesome spontaneous picture.

Photo taken by Debby from The Fez, featured on The Fez's Facebook page, taken before the ceremony.
I am so freakin' happy to be able to sit here and write that looking back at these pictures just makes me more in love with Mr. Palm Tree, with our friends and with our day. I am seriously so excited to blow these gorgeous photos up and hang them all over our damn walls. 

To those of you that sent special well-wishes on our wedding day: I cannot properly articulate how much it meant to me. Each and every note was read and each and every note touched me beyond words, especially the private message that was carefully crafted and so beyond thoughtful. Thank you, Hive, for being a part of my day and allowing me to be a part of your lives and your own wedding planning journeys/experiences - however removed that may be. 

Okay, enough sap. Let's get to it! Next up: The Palm Trees in Paradise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment