Our Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday, January 9, 2012

Introduction: The Five W's

Thanks in large part to the Baby Sitter's Club, I've always felt that The Five W's (who, what, where, when and why) are a great way to kick off anything new and/or unfamiliar.

Who: My name is Stephanie. I'm a 23 year old Lease Analyst (if you don't know what that means, just know this: I LOVE my job) engaged to an absolutely wonderful, special man named Jonathon who is finishing up his Computer Engineering degree.

What: This blog is going to detail my wedding planning adventures (see Wedding Bee for my inspiration). I want to be able to document all of the fun and excitement (and inevitably the frustration and irritation) and also share everything with our loved ones - as well as any readers who may stumble across this humble blog.

Where: Jon and I currently reside in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (you know, the city that's been voted the Most Livable City a few times, the city with one of the best Sports teams ever as evidenced by ESPN's Towel Around the World commercial and website, the city that served and/or will serve as the movie set for over 30 films since 2010 - including The Dark Knight Rises. . .God, I love this freaking city).

When: Our wedding date is May 25, 2013.

Why: Lately, I've realized how much I freaking miss writing. When I was younger I used to fill journal after journal. My poems and short stories have been published in anthologies (from when I was a kid, though - I'm talking like fifth grade and below, nothing fancy). It kind of tapered off, and although I would start something every now and again, it usually remained unfinished. I was back home for a funeral, however, and was sitting with some family I hadn't seen in quite some time when one of my cousins said to me, "When we went to see the last Harry Potter movie, all I could think of was you. I kept saying, 'Stephanie could have written ALL of this." My other cousin confirmed it and added that she always refers to me as "My brilliant cousin Stephanie, the writer." It made me wistful and truthfully, a bit sad for my former self. Shortly after that, I was at a Christmas dinner with other family members, and a cousin asked, "Are you still writing?" Granted, this cousin has asked me this almost every year we see each other, because it's a shared interest of ours, but this time it struck a chord in me. I thought about the last time I wrote something that wasn't a paper for a class (in all fairness, most of my collegiate grades/classes were centered on papers - I think I was all written out, so to speak, by the time I graduated) and I thought of two things: 1. when I was on the Newspaper staff in high school, and 2. a short-lived, but fun, attempt at a blog with a friend of mine. I told myself that I would get over it and then the bees over at WeddingBee (seriously, go check it out, I cannot plug that site enough) just kicked it into gear. After it was confirmed by a dear friend that I should go for it, here I am.  Plus, I really do want to share all of my stories, document them and keep everyone in the loop.

-------------
I might be a bit rusty here, friends, but I have decided to make this promise to myself. If you could please stick with me until I get my groove back, I'd be super pumped. Another favor: please, please, PLEASE interact with me via comments and such. That's a huge part of why I'm doing this (and aforementioned dear friend knew this, as part of her confirmation was, "you will LOVE interacting with all of the readers!"). So, without further ado, I bring you The Miss to Mrs. Adventures. . .of a type A bride-to-be with slight OCD. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment