Our Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Treely, Madly, Deeply: All The Things (The Details Post)

I know that the Wedding Industrial Complex is A Thing and it puts a lot of pressure on Brides to have the 'OMG MOST PERFECT DAY EVA' day - but Hive, all outside pressure aside, my wedding day really was one of the (if not the) best days of my life.

Looking through these detail pictures makes my OCD heart happy because I really do feel that my vision (even if it changed a bit) was brought to life. 

All photos via Limelight-Images unless otherwise noted.

Our centerpieces:






Our centerpieces started out as a grand idea that would be a semi-nod to the Zelda lanterns and fairies, combining two loves of both Mr. Palm Tree and myself, and resulted in what you see in the above pictures. Like quite a few of my ideas, this got pushed to the "if I have time list". I had purchased much of the items needed sporadically throughout the course of our engagement and the week prior to the wedding, I sat down with my cousins B and O and we threw them together. 'Aqua' colored marbles that I purchased from various craft stores, blue fairy berries hidden amongst them, this shredded filler that BM Y amazingly found and purchased for me that I still can't remember the name of, and they were topped with assorted yellow silk flowers purchased from JoAnn's. The lighting in the above pictures really doesn't do them justice, but then again, there isn't a lot of justice to be done: simple yet effective. Moving along.

Fun Stuff: 



Our Bride and Groom Mickey ears, purchased by BM Blackout as a surprise for us.


One of the best inventions ever, our tumbler cups that I originally gifted to my girls at my shower. These were purchased from Debi DelaCruz on Etsy (on Cyber Monday - hint to all Brides-to-be planning to shop: DON'T FORGET ABOUT CYBER MONDAY! I scored so.many.deals). 


Our favors, Bride and Groom cookies, homemade by a wonderful baker friend of mine. You can find her website here. She's pretty fabulous and one of the cakes. 



Our cake, by Brenda McGee, which was included in our package at The Fez. I did not care one iota about our cake so this was Mr. Palm Tree's baby. My wonderful DOC/Friend E decorated the cake table with the extra flowers and, even though you can't see them in this lighting, assorted fairy berries. 



Our place cards, another  'they'll be cool if I have time" thing. Bought the templates from Staples, I think, and printed these out the night before our rehearsal dinner. Boom.



These programs were nearly the death of MOH Mem, Mr. Palm Tree and myself. I painstakingly designed them and was super proud of them but Hive, please learn from our mistakes and unnecessary hard work (also mentioned in the post about our invitations): OUTSOURCE ALL OF YOUR PRINTING. Getting the right parts to print on the right sides and then figuring out how to turn them around and dealing with the ink running out and computers freezing and just. . .it was a mess. We were in tears of laughter over it the night before the rehearsal dinner because by the end of it all, some things that were supposed to be gray were pink and what else can you do at that point?

As you can see, DIY played a veeeeery tiiiiiiny role in our wedding. This is super representative of real life. I am far from DIY savvy, as I've stated many times. Our personal touches came more from the decisions we made and our actions: the music that we played, the reasons behind our wedding colors, our vows. 

I made a sort-of haphazard Inspiration Board way back when. Let's revisit and compare, shall we?
Once again, my MS Paint Skillz hard at work. From left to right: One via Bells and WhistlesTwo via Style Me Pretty / by The Rhoads; Three via Sun Kissed Weddings; Four via Sakura Photography; Five via Wedding Channel; Six via Curbly; Seven via Wedding Wire; Eight via Etsy and Nine via Etsy











All photos courtesy of Limelight-Images except for the top left, which is courtesy of BM Y.

In this case, I'd say reality beats the inspiration by a landslide.


No comments:

Post a Comment